Different types of travel require different types of travel planning. When I describe what I do, people commonly respond with "so, you're a travel agent." While, Explorateur Travel isn't your typical type of travel agency, there is a lot of overlap. I'd like to consider myself a travel consultant, but even that doesn't always seem to work. If I actually had to pick a name for what we do, I would like say that we are travel artisans. We thoughtfully create each itinerary to provide memorable experience based on style and local culture.
So to help you decide what kind of planning assistance you may need (if any), here is a breakdown of what an agent does, and how we are different.
- Book all travel through a back office system
- Work with a line of specific corporate companies which is determined by their partnerships
- Are incentivized to book certain lines or routes for commission purposes
- Provide luxury options and discounts based on company collaborations
- Can be instrumental in booking group travel
- Provides a la carte options of planning services that are selectable based on budget and need
- Focuses on experiential accommodation and activity options (through home sharing, campgrounds, hotels, etc.)
- Allows you receive an itinerary after sharing a few preferences and a click of a button
- Tailors itineraries based on specific interests of clients from beginning to end
- Makes travel planning fast, easy, and affordable with transparent pricing
- Finds the "hidden gems" of a city to provide clients with memorable experiences
While I have been a travel agent previously, I found that I wasn't able to be as hands on with each client because it was more transactional and not focused on the meat and potatoes of the day to day itinerary of a vacation. Travel agents provide an excellent service for groups looking to book together, luxury trips, or even someone that may be looking for a more traditional experience. The good news is, that there are plenty of resources to help plan your trip, regardless of your travel style!
So reach out...after all, your vacation is a blank canvas that we can't wait to get our hands on! To check out our easy and affordable a la carte menu, click HERE!